I just can't crochet quickly enough!  

Posted by: Maria in , , , , ,

I recently joined Ravelry which is an online group of knitters and crocheters.  I am staggered by the amount of information and support there.  I have been playing around for the last couple of days trying to figure out exactly what my next project will be.  I was working on a shawl made with Vanna's Choice in purple Mist that I just could not get to work like I wanted it to.  After ripping it out probably close to a dozen times, I put that yarn away and went into my stash bag and pulled out this little gem Tweed Stripes in a color called Caribbean.  Trust me, the web site does NOT do this color justice.  It is a lovely blend of blues, teals, purples and greens.  It is soft and just delicious to work with. I chose a pattern called Gentle Waves by Karen Klemp.  The pattern as listed is made to do a scarf but I just took the repeat of 12 and made it shawl width of about 24".     This is the start...and my picture doesn't do the color justice either. 

The colors just pop and it is working up so quickly.  The pattern is easy enough that I can work on it while watching TV. 

I only was able to get 4 skeins of this and it will make it about 56".  I think (since it is buy one, get one half off) I will get 2 more skeins and add a couple more inches to and it use the left over to make a hat for one of  the girls that hang around here.

Ok, that's it for now.  I will get back to crocheting and dreaming about what the next project will be!

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 20, 2011 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments

Post a Comment