Sunflower Star  

Posted by: Maria in , , , , ,


I just finished Sunflower Star by Laura J Perin last night. I just love it. I haven't taken it off the strips yet because I just like looking at it! I did make one change in her design. I did not care for the wide green border she designed around the outside so I made it half the size. The colors are wonderful and I can't wait to put it together. (once I decide how I want to do that!)

The is Desert Star by From Nancy's Needle. I finished it about a month ago and posted an awful picture of it. This was my first canvas work piece and I am hooked for sure. I can't wait to start another one.

Right now, I dug out fabric for Wendy K.C. Designs' Bee's Garden Stitching Accessories. I am stitching that with Carrie's Creations threads on 28 count Quaker in a color called Country. The fabric came from Silkweavers and I have had it for a while. I can get all three pieces (needlebook, fob and biscornu) out of this one piece of fabric.

On another note, our nest is empty, the birds have fledged. We were lucky to see the last one leaving the nest. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed watching them until they were gone. :-(


Off to get the day started!

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments

Post a Comment