Now where was I?  

Posted by: Maria in , ,

I have been busy playing!  LOL  Most of my fun has been at ATC's for all  which I am finding very rewarding.  I am learning some new techniques!  Check these out...





This is what is called encaustic art which is basically taking colored wax, melting it on a smal travel size iron and making beautiful designs.  Then I printed out some silhouettes on transparency film and put it over the encaustic.  I love how they came out.

Almost every one I made, I have already traded.  Then I got a little more bold (and watched a LOT of videos on it) and tried some landscapes.



These are 4"x6" and I bought some frames to paint and frame them in.  There is a very neat art co-op near me that I would love to try and sell them in.  I also plan on making some cards too. 

If you'd like to see more, you can check out my Flickr Photostream to see the rest. 

BTW there are actually 3 more of the Flamingo cards.




They will go in the mail tomorrow for the Flamingo card swap on ATC's for all! 

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 24, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments

Post a Comment