Another day in Paradise... LOL  

Posted by: Maria

Well I went to NCBT yesterday and had my annual evaluation. It went well but it is always nerve wracking to have someone sitting in your classroom analyzing everything you say and how you say it. I am glad that is over. After four hours of class, I ran to Wal-Mart and stocked up on the cleaning supplies that I used up on Tuesday and then went to Sam's for a 7 hour shift. We were packed and after my partner left at 7 (she was supposed to leave at 5) I was the only COS on the floor. That would have been ok if I hadn't been short a tobacco person and have 8 people who needed breaks at 7! We made it through though as usual.

Today I have to work 9-4. It's raining so probably my cart person won't show up. It's Thursday so we will be busy with the people trying to beat the weekend rush (which creates it's own rush). I am glad to be on the early shift. I want to come home and sew.

It is amazing to me that just a 1/2 an hour or so of stitching can make such a difference in the way you feel. I hadn't done any stitching in a long time and then stumbled on a pattern that caught my interest and I would be whipping through it if I didn't have to work. I will try and post a picture tomorrow. I was so "enthused" that I went and ordered a bunch of patterns the other day and now I can't wait for them to come. The first thing I have to work on is Sweetheart Tree's http://thesweethearttree.com/products/SV-068lg.jpg Irish Blessing Sampler which I am making for friends who are getting married in June. I love Sweetheart Tree stuff. I also ordered http://www.pawprintings.com/blueberrybasket.htm Paw Printing's Blueberry Basket sampler and http://thecatswhiskers.net.au/djclosed.html The Cat's Whiskers Dragonfly jewels box. Both of these designers are new to me. I loved the colors and the layouts so I thought I woud give it a try. I got a little carried away but now I have something great to look forward to. :-) All I need is more hours in the day.

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the .

1 comments

Anonymous  

I really should get back into stitching. I used to love doing it and the finished product is something that lasts forever. I really should try to find myself a pattern and stuff to get me going to see if I'd like doing it again.

Post a Comment