A little time off  

Posted by: Maria

Today is a slow day for me and I am using that term loosely. I don't have to be at Sam's until 4:30 and I am closing in the liquor room so it will be an easy night and I will be off my feet. I did get up this morning and finish grading my mid term exams and getting all their grade information into Excel. By the time I finished messing with all that and got my lessons and assignments ready for next week it was after noon time. I have to leave here about 3:30 so that doesn't leave much "me" time. :-)

It is a gloomy, dreary day here. We had some severe storms all around us last night but fortunately nothing hit here. It is making my arthritis ache though and I am back to wearing the brace on my left hand. I woke up in the night and couldn't move that hand without terrible pain. Since I have already been on 2 drugs that have been recalled, I am not taking anything stronger that Tylenol Arthritis and I only take that when the pain is too much to take.

I am really in a mood today. There is a lot that I want to get done but I don't really feel like doing any of it. I am of a good mind to go ahead and curl up with a book and just call in tonight. I won't though becasue I know then that someone else will have to pick up the slack and it is already very lean in there.

I am so anxious to see my son who is in Maryland and I want to go to NJ and see my family and friends. I haven't been home since last August and that is way too long with new babies and everything. Not to mention wanting to be around people who you know (and know you) by heart.

I was thinking the other day about who I would invite when I graduate with my Masters. There are a couple of people from my old job who are the dearest friends in the entire world. My family, I would love to have my mom and brothers there. My "lost" friend because I don't know where I would be without him. Pam in TX because she never has stopped being a support base. There is no one from this job though that I would even think of inviting and I have been there a year. I have not made any friends there nor do I want to. This job is a deep depression for me and that tars everything around it. I get up and I go there because I have to, not because I want to. I have never looked forward to one day of this job. That is a sad way to spend your time.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments

Post a Comment