Back to work today  

Posted by: Maria

I had 4 days off, didn't accomplish much but I did manage to stay off this foot pretty much.

Yesterday Tommy and I went out to play and ended up at Lowes where I spent a small fortune on the ingredients for two hanging baskets. I bought the baskets with the coconut husk liners and I really like them. In each basket I put a beautiful burgundy Martha Washington geranium, two hot pink Gerber daisies and a rosemary plant. They have pleased me to no end! I also bought Tommy a pot and soil to put together a little herb garden for Lil's with parsley,sage, rosemary and (nope not thyme),oregano. He still needs to find some basil but it will get him started. Hopefully we will be moving Lil to an apartment soon so then the pot will come home to me.

I am making plans for my Jersey trip and am getting excited. I haven't been home in nearly two years and I am so ready. The week will fly with little jobs mom needs done, spending time with my brothers and maybe taking a trip to see my aunts and cousins in PA. I haven't mentioned that to mom so we will have to see what happens. I am also hoping to get to see my friend race the new truck he got. I have never gone to see him race and I am excited to get the chance.

I did a lot of strolling down memory lane the last four days.

Brother's Saloon was my old stomping grounds when I was in college. My cousin Matt worked there when it opened (If you click on the openieng night page and scroll down you will see his picture Fast Matt indeed!!)and his brother Bobby was working there when I was in college. I spent most every Thursday (I think it was Thursday) night there listening to a band called The Shades. I had a huge crush on the drummer Gorgeous George Messina. While I was stumbling around reading all this nostalgic stuff, I discovered he is still drumming for a band called The Characters. I ran across them on myspace and sent him a message. I am looking forward to hearing from him.

The weather has finally broken and we have had some wonderful, warm, sunny days. It has felt so good. I even slept with the windows open last night and we had a great chorus of frogs going all night long. I just love that! In addition to playing with my plants (no gardening yet, staying off the foot!), I have sat outside and put together a number of cards. I need to get the camera and get some pictures taken to post. I am really enjoying that.

I also read the last of the China Bayles Mysteries (that I have) Spanish Dagger. Nightshade is out and I need to pick that up ASAP. Unfortunately, no one can write as quickly as I can read.

More rain is coming tomorrow and while I am not looking forward to it, I will be working so it doesn't much matter...

Pam got me thinking about a canvaswork piece I started a couple of summers ago so I think I will dig that out and see if it gets me stitching again. I took Danny's sampler to Michaels to see if I could get it framed yesterday and they were so incompetent that I walked out. I went to Hobby Lobby and that is probably where I will have the work done. Their framing is on sale next week so I will wait. I need to dig out Denny and Mel's piece and take that as well.

OK, off to dig through my supplies and see if I can find the threads for this canvas, then pay some bills, file my taxes and *gag* off to work.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments

Post a Comment