Pay back  

Posted by: Maria

Well I paid for not doing anything last Friday with a grueling weekend at work and then working at Sam's yesterday morning and having to teach last night. In between (including lunch yesterday) I had to get things ready for this week's classes! The day at work was emotionally over the edge for me. One of my managers came in and brought her son with her. He is as young as mine, serving in the army in South Korea. He was home on leave but came in dressed in his ACU's. I turned around and caught the ACU's out of the corner of my eye and for a minute, thought it was my son. I think I finally realized how much I miss him and how much I want to see him. It would have been the BEST birthday and mother's day present. After that, the tears just kept leaking.

My son's friend Chris works with me and he is in the army reserve as well, leaving for Iraq in the fall. He knew what was going on and tired to jolly me out of it but no go. Then to make the day even worse, there has been a problem with Chris' cash drawer over the weekend and I had to tell him. He took it very badly pretty much feeling like he was being accused of stealing. I have known this kid since he was 5. I know he did not steal this money, but even going over his transaction reports, I could not figure out how he could make such mistakes. This kid has been having such a rough time I just don't know how much more he can take. I have been accused of being too much of a giver (and being taken advantage of) and of collecting "strays" people who need someone to care for them and occasionally give them a hand. (In my opinion if that's the definition then we are ALL strays!) in any case, Chris has had a pretty rotten life in some ways and I do try and look out for him. I look at him as another son. So, by the time I got out of Sam's I was raw and then I had class, (my last class of the year and my last one at National so that was a little emotional). I am more than a little weepy right now and I still have to go to work tonight. Fortunately I am off except for my Wednesday class tomorrow.

I started in on the process of starting my Master's classes and if I don't get a handle on it I am going to be quickly overwhelmed. I have to take the Praxis tests no later than the end of the first semester and if I can. I should probably take them over the summer. I also have to take one undergrad course, which of course has to be a 4 credit hour, 5 week class which meets every day with 2 days also containing labs. I have no clue how I an do that and continue to work. I can't not work because then there is no money! What a vicious circle!

OK, enough of this, I have grades to post and then I need to get ready for another great evenings at Sam's Club! ROF...

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the .

1 comments

gosh Maria. You make me want to cry!!! I wish your son could have been there too. I know he was with you in spirit-- I know he really missed being with you.
BTW, Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment