Large Charts  

Posted by: Maria

I was working on Patricia Andrle's Christmas House this morning (CS&CC S/O '94) and I have a frustration with this chart that seems to come up over and over with charts that are too big to fit on one page (which is most everything I do anymore). I wonder if there is a really good way to make a chart "cross a page".

This particular chart is in the centerfold of the book and cuts off with one line at the bottom of one page and starts with the next line at the top of the next page with a good 1 1/2" of white space between the lines. There are no "shaded"over lap lines to show alignment with the lines above (or below) either. It is very difficult to count and keep things lined up. I made a copy on my color copier and taped the pages together but since there are no overlap lines, that didn't work to well either. I am getting it but I have ripped a lot!

I love doing big projects and absolutely adore this piece but I tend to move on to something else if my frustration level gets too high and with this one, I have already put is aside once. Fortunately, I am about through all the places where this is an issue on this chart but I am sure this problem will rear it's ugly head again at sometime!

If I get a chance today, I will scan my work and add it here.

This entry was posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments

Post a Comment